School Board Dates
Regular Board Meetings
All meetings are schedule for MTA at this point
October 15, 2020 6:30 pm
November 19, 2020 6:30 pm
December 17, 2020 6:30 pm
January 21, 2021 6:30 pm
February 11, 2021 6:30 pm
March 11, 2021 6:30 pm
April 15, 2021 6:30 pm
May 20, 2021 6:30 pm
June 10, 2021 6:30 pm
- This committee meets bi-monthly on the first Wednesday of the month starting in October at 4:30pm. The committee regularly reviews academic issues in the district: including instructional materials, programmatic changes, staffing needs, and the impact of instruction. The location of the meeting will be determined and communicated in advance.
- Meeting Dates: 10/7/20, 12/2/20, 2/3/21, 4/7/21, and 6/2/21
- This committee meets bi-monthly on the fourth Tuesday of the month starting in October at 4:30pm. The committee reviews the evaluation processes for the Superintendent of Schools. This group makes recommendations to the Board on the processes and coordinates any hiring of this position.
- Meeting Dates: 10/27/20, 12/22/20, 2/23/21, 4/27/21, and 6/27/21
FACILITIES, MAINTENANCE, and TRANSPORTATION
- This committee meets on the evenings prior to School Board meetings of each month at 6:00pm at the same location as the Board Meeting. This committee oversees recommendations for facilities improvements and transportation needs. The committee would make recommendations to the Board for the yearly maintenance budget, any capital improvements and any need for bus replacement. The Director of Facilities and Transportation meet with this group monthly.
- Meeting Dates: 10/15/20, 11/19/20, 12/17/20, 1/21/21, 2/11/21, 3/11/21, 4/15/21, 5/20/21, and 6/10/21
- This committee meets on the evenings prior to School Board meetings of each month at 5:45pm at the same location as the Board Meeting. The committee is responsible to review district warrants and sign them. The committee also reviews the monthly financial reports and makes recommendations as needed to the Business Manager and Superintendent. During budget deliberations, the committee reviews and recommends to the Business Manager additions or changes for the proposed budget. The third function of this committee is review of the yearly audit and general finances of the district.
- (Board Members should not be on both Facilities, Maintenance and Transportation Committee and Finance Committee because of scheduling conflicts.)
- Meeting Dates: 10/15/20, 11/19/20, 12/17/20, 1/21/21, 2/11/21, 3/11/21, 4/15/21, 5/20/21, and 6/10/2
- This committee meets the second Tuesday of each month, when Policy discussions are necessary, at 5:30pm at the Superintendent’s Office to review and make changes in policy. The meetings will keep the Board current with district policy review and last until 6:30 PM.
- Meeting Dates: 10/13/20, 11/10/20, 12/8/20, 1/12/21, 2/9/21, 3/9/21, 4/13/21, 5/11/21, and 6/8/21
- This committee is a district committee and the Board has representatives who are willing to be active members. The meetings are called by the Committee Chair regularly but not more than nine times per school year. This committee facilitates opportunities for employees and students around topics of health and wellness
- This committee meets virtually, electronic email, prior to the first Wednesday of each month to review nominations for district recognition of employees of the month. The group will facilitate the monthly recognition of an employee and delineate the Board Member who gives the award.
- Meeting Dates: 10/7/20, 11/4/20, 12/2/20, 1/6/21, 2/3/21, 3/3/21, 4/7/21, 5/5/21 and 6/2/21
MEET & CONSULT
- This committee meets on an as needed basis. Two members will meet with the Mt. Abram Teachers’ Association representatives as needed to review educational policy.