MSAD 58 is working to ensure the safety and health of our staff, students and community. Please check back for updates and resources
Page Last Updated at 2:45 on 4/14
Communication from Superintendent Sanders
Click here for a web version of the most recent communication, links below will direct you to PDF versions of previous documents
- Letter #11 (June 15) End of year, budget process, summer meals, and information about next year
- Letter #10 (May 6th) Remainder of School Year
- Letter #9 (April 14) PreK-8 Guidelines for Trimester 3
- Letter #8 (April 8) Preparing for Extended Closure
- Letter #7 (April 3) Remote Learning Update and School Closure until 5/4
- Letter #6 (April 1) Essential Employees and April Vacation Update
- Letter #5 (March 20) School Closure until 4/27
- Letter #4 (March 18) Remote Learning
- Letter #3 (March 15th) School Closure
- Letter #2 (March 13th) Limited Building Access
- Letter #1 (March 10th) Initial Precautions
- Maine Department of Education Resources https://www.maine.gov/doe/covid-19
- A video for kids about the virus https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/
- Have more questions? 211 now available to answer general questions about COVID-19
Food Service Information (added 8:30 pm 3/16)
Dear Parents and Caregivers
We have feeding sites available, that will serve a free breakfast and a free lunch to any child, the only requirement is that they can eat and are between the age of 0 to 18. Children are not required to eat onsite, just pickup and go.
If transportation or the ability to reach a site is an issue please contact Dora York Food Services email@example.com and we will work to find a solution.
Meals will start TOMORROW 3/17/2020
Breakfast will consist of cereal, juice and milk. Lunch will be a sandwich, fresh fruit, fresh veggies and Milk
- Strong School will have meals available to pickup at the kitchen door (out back). Meals will be available from 10 AM to 11AM Monday thru Friday
- Phillips Elementary will have meals available to pick up at their kitchen door from 10AM to 11 AM Monday thru Friday
- Mt Abram will have meals available to pick up at the kitchen door out back as well from 10AM to 11AM also Monday thru Friday
- Kingfield Elementary School is not yet a site as they do not meet the 50% Free and Reduced Lunch Count, if this changes we will notify families. KES students can still pick up food at any location, regardless of participation in the program.
Updates to MSAD 58 Food service meal bus routes (3/18/2020 @ 2:30 pm)
In an effort to reach more children, and for the safety of everyone we will implement the following dropoffs, starting Thursday March 19.
- Depart Strong School at 9:40
- Foster building 9:45-10:15.
- Country Delight 10:20-10:30
- Valley Brook Store 10:40-10:50
- Paul G Whittemore Library 10:55-11:15
- Returning River road, stopping near Strong Cemetery 11:30.
- Depart Mt Abram at 945
- Skowhegan savings bank in Kingfield 10-1025
- Carrabassett coffee 1030-1040
- Tranten's Market 1050-11
- Returning to Mt Abram
Anyone along these routes wanting meals, without transportation to the drop sites, please email Dora York, firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Please be courteous to businesses and leave room for their patrons. When at the intersections please park on the sides of the road, park so others can go by or also park. We want to get the meals to kids quickly and safely for anyone wanting them.