21st Century Grant
We will feed your child a healthy snack as they arrive after their regular school day and then they will join our 21st Century Staff for an afternoon filled with fun activities with skilled professionals! You will need to provide transportation home from the program for your child(ren). Thanks to a partnership with the Franklin County Children’s Task Force and the MSAD #58 school district, there will be NO FEE for this after school program. This application is for children who are entering Kindergarten through those entering 8th grade in Strong Elementary, Kingfield Elementary, and Phillips Elementary Schools during the 2018-19 school year.
2018/2019 After School program
2019 Summer Program
What do we do?
● Dates After school programming runs Monday through Thursday from September 24th through a date yet to be determined in June starting at 2:30 pm until 5:30 pm. We will not have programming during school vacations, snow days, or when the district is closed.
● Academic enrichment Don’t let the after school hours escape you! Research shows that 21st Century programs can support working families by keeping children engaged and safe during the hours after school. Students will be challenged with fun and exciting academic enrichment activities including tutoring, homework help, mentoring, arts (music, theater, and drama), prevention, reading, physical activities and more!
● S.T.E.M. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Science is fun! Your child will have the opportunity to engage in hands-on learning in a way that’s designed to make them want to come back day after day. Lots of excitement!!!
● Family Friendly Fun! You and your child will have the opportunity to attend many family and parent engagement events throughout the school year! Our first event is the Make Tracks for Kids event on October 13th, which includes the 1-mile kids run, 5K run, and a 2-mile walk. All proceeds will benefit this program!! Other family friendly events throughout the year will include Parent Focus Groups, Kids Fun Nights, the Chester Greenwood Parade, the Children’s Festival, the Family Pancake Breakfast, and a wide variety of Parent Enrichment opportunities offered through the Franklin County Children’s Task Force.
● Parent Volunteering/Commitment You will have the opportunity to volunteer in the After School Program at any time to meet your parent commitment requirements! Parents are required to volunteer at least twice throughout the school year. Volunteer activities could include snack time reading, parent advisory group participation, event preparation, newsletter writing, bulletin board creation, and much more! The opportunities are endless!
To set up a date to volunteer in the program, please call 207-778-6960 and speak with the Program Coordinator or sign up at your child’s site with the Site Coordinator.
Contact Information for 21st Century Kids of Northern Franklin:
Renee Whitley, Executive Director
Doug Saunders, Manager of Educational Initiatives
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 779-7595
Milissa Cousins, Program Coordinator
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 491-9168
Emily Ladd Chaney, Parent Engagement Specialist
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 491-4248
Leah St. Laurent, Kingfield Site Coordinator
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 491-4689
Dawn Haines, Phillips Site Coordinator
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 491-4361
Kiana Thompson, Strong Site Coordinator
Office Phone: 778-6960 or Cell: 778-1465