- October 14 - Medical Guidance for Staff/Student Illness and Return to School
- October 9 - Academic Models (Revised 10-9-20)
- September 23 - Health and Safety Expectations (Revised 9-23-20)
- September 22 - Letter From The Superintendent
- September 22 - COVID Cleaning Information
- September 22 - Food Service Information
- August 26 - Quick Health Reference for Staff and Families
- August 25 - Cohort and Schedule Information
- August 17 - Community Communication
- August 14 - Application for Virtual Learner
- August 12 - Updated Academic Models (changes are for K-12 virtual learning path in green and yellow models)
- August 11 - Academic Models Draft of 'Green, Yellow, and Red' Academic Models (Proposed)
- August 11 - Draft of Health and Safety Guidelines (Proposed)
- Letter #12 (July 30) Update
- Letter #11 (June 15) End of year, budget process, summer meals, and information about next year
- Letter #10 (May 6th) Remainder of School Year
- Letter #9 (April 14) PreK-8 Guidelines for Trimester 3
- Letter #8 (April 8) Preparing for Extended Closure
- Letter #7 (April 3) Remote Learning Update and School Closure until 5/4
- Letter #6 (April 1) Essential Employees and April Vacation Update
- Letter #5 (March 20) School Closure until 4/27
- Letter #4 (March 18) Remote Learning
- Letter #3 (March 15th) School Closure
- Letter #2 (March 13th) Limited Building Access
- Letter #1 (March 10th) Initial Precautions
- Maine Department of Education Resources https://www.maine.gov/doe/covid-19
- A video for kids about the virus https://www.brainpop.com/health/diseasesinjuriesandconditions/coronavirus/
- Have more questions? 211 now available to answer general questions about COVID-19
Food Service Information (added 8:30 pm 3/16)
Dear Parents and Caregivers
We have feeding sites available, that will serve a free breakfast and a free lunch to any child, the only requirement is that they can eat and are between the age of 0 to 18. Children are not required to eat onsite, just pickup and go.
If transportation or the ability to reach a site is an issue please contact Dora York Food Services email@example.com and we will work to find a solution.
Meals will start TOMORROW 3/17/2020
Breakfast will consist of cereal, juice and milk. Lunch will be a sandwich, fresh fruit, fresh veggies and Milk
- Strong School will have meals available to pickup at the kitchen door (out back). Meals will be available from 10 AM to 11AM Monday thru Friday
- Phillips Elementary will have meals available to pick up at their kitchen door from 10AM to 11 AM Monday thru Friday
- Mt Abram will have meals available to pick up at the kitchen door out back as well from 10AM to 11AM also Monday thru Friday
- Kingfield Elementary School is not yet a site as they do not meet the 50% Free and Reduced Lunch Count, if this changes we will notify families. KES students can still pick up food at any location, regardless of participation in the program.
Updates to MSAD 58 Food service meal bus routes (3/18/2020 @ 2:30 pm)
In an effort to reach more children, and for the safety of everyone we will implement the following dropoffs, starting Thursday March 19.
- Depart Strong School at 9:40
- Foster building 9:45-10:15.
- Country Delight 10:20-10:30
- Valley Brook Store 10:40-10:50
- Paul G Whittemore Library 10:55-11:15
- Returning River road, stopping near Strong Cemetery 11:30.
- Depart Mt Abram at 945
- Skowhegan savings bank in Kingfield 10-1025
- Carrabassett coffee 1030-1040
- Tranten's Market 1050-11
- Returning to Mt Abram
Anyone along these routes wanting meals, without transportation to the drop sites, please email Dora York, firstname.lastname@example.org we will do our best to accommodate your request.
Please be courteous to businesses and leave room for their patrons. When at the intersections please park on the sides of the road, park so others can go by or also park. We want to get the meals to kids quickly and safely for anyone wanting them.
We have set up guest WiFi networks at all of the schools for community use. They can all be accessed from the parking lot with no password. Below is the name of the network for each school and the location from which it can be accessed:
Kingfield - network name is "KES-Guest" and it can be accessed from the front parking lot
Mount Abram - network name is "mlti-guest" and it can be accessed from the back parking lot
Phillips - network name is "PES-Guest" and it can be accessed from the back parking lot